The April 2018 Wisconsin Counties magazine features Wisconsin county highway departments and takes a comprehensive look at the work they do.
“We were excited to work with the Wisconsin Counties Association on this issue to highlight all the work county departments are doing around the state year-round,” said WCHA Executive Director Dan Fedderly. “It’s a great edition of the publication and we commend the Association for their work in putting the spotlight on our county highway folks.”
Featured articles in the magazine include:
- The Wisconsin County Highway Department: by WCHA Executive Director Dan Fedderly
- This is How County Highway Departments Save Lives: by Wisconsin Transportation Information Center Director Benjamin J. Jordan
- Changing of the Seasons in County Highway Departments: Price County Highway Commissioner Don Grande
- Finding Efficiencies and Reducing Costs: WCA Government Affairs Association and WCHA Liaison Dan Bahr
- The Growing Role of Salt Brines: WisDOT Secretary Dave Ross
- Sheboygan County Makes Investments in Transportation Infrastructure: Sheboygan County Transportation Director Greg Schnell
- Working Together Spells Success for Transportation: TDA Executive Director Craig Thompson
In addition, county highway commissioners from around Wisconsin are quoted throughout the magazine, answering WCA survey questions such as “What is the most important thing the county highway department performs?”
The Wisconsin Counties Association plans to promote the work of Wisconsin county highway departments throughout the month of April. You can view the entire magazine electronically here.